Clicking links under sections on this page will open a new browser window page.
NewStoneSoup VT will be conducting a related topic data search and technology foraging activities related to the state of technology and the feasibility of the art of the possible within a 3-8 year time frame.
NSS and its partners intend to create and recommend to our clients multidisciplinary team approaches to address some of the compelling needs and requirements stated by military, emergency response, occupational health and safety and health/life sciences in the area of wearable robotic systems to reduce injury attributed to repetitive motion, accidents, aging, recovery from accidents or improve quality of life. Systems Engineering, Technology Development and Testing and Program Management Services, will also be provided.
Our areas of interest include (but not limited to):
- Study of gaps in the basic science of understanding how wearable robotic systems affect the bio-mechanics and physiology of the wearer.
- Integration of bio-metric feedback (heart rate, EMG, EEG) and other emerging methods and device-integrated sensors in the form of wearable (or potentially wearable systems) to improve the man-machine interface in human augmentation controls systems to minimize metabolic and mechanical cost of a wearable system, AND have achieved tangible improvements
- Use, consideration or application of advanced, flexible lightweight materials, possibly with tunable stiffness, to distribute load, stabilize muscles, provide regenerative kinetics capabilities, and/or improve man-machine interface (human factors/ergonomics/comfort/ease of use)
- Female sizing and ergonomics
- Standards and Test Methods
We will be conducting literature search, site visits, technology foraging efforts, subject interviews, for the purpose of identify most viable partners, candidate technologies or concepts. Contact us with information, should you like your technology, concepts or studies to be considered in the future.
It is to be understood that the sharing of information is to be limited to open literature or under Non Disclosure Agreement. NewStoneSoup seeks to conduct analysis of alternatives, identify viable and available interested parties and search of state of technology.
In general Wikipedia terms:
"A humanoid robot is a robot with its body shape built to resemble that of the human body. A humanoid design might be for functional purposes, such as interacting with human tools and environments, for experimental purposes, such as the study of bipedal locomotion, or for other purposes. In general, humanoid robots have a torso, a head, two arms, and two legs, though some forms of humanoid robots may model only part of the body, for example, from the waist up. Some humanoid robots may also have heads designed to replicate human facial features such as eyes and mouths. Androids are humanoid robots built to aesthetically resemble humans".
ATLAS - Boston Dynamics, MA
BAXTER (ReThink Robotics), MA
CoMAN - Italy
DARWIN (TROSSEN ROBOTICS) - IL
HUBO - Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
NAO - Aldebran Robotics, Boston, MA
National Institute of Standards and Testing:
Worcester Polytechnic Institute:
Robotics Technology Consortium:
Other Exo's in the news/publications:
New Stone Soup VT LLC is looking for associates to team with. Please send a letter of intent that includes a short bio/interest statement and one page white paper of your capabilities and services to Rita Vazquez-Torres | Founder/CEO.